Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Purchased a damaged Apple gift card, what is the policy?

Hey all. I recently purchased an Apple gift card from a third party retailer (Target) and half the code is missing. This is the second time I’ve had this issue occur and the first time this happened, Apple solved the problem by sending me a new code. This second time I’m told by Apple that this card is void because it’s damaged and I need to seek reimbursement from Target. Lo and behold, Target claims this is Apple’s issue. Has the policy changed in the last five months? Thanks in advance.

Posted on May 26, 2023 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2024 3:26 PM

katmc49 wrote:

I mistakenly scratched some codes off

Here is what to do: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

You will need to directly contact Apple Support for issues with gift cards and with gift card redemptions.

173 replies

Dec 30, 2023 3:04 PM in response to Middlesss

Middlesss wrote:

I Couldn’t be able to use the Apple Card I got today because I couldn’t get the last digit number I need help to get the last two digit number

Here is what to do: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

You will need to directly contact Apple Support for issues with gift cards and with gift card redemptions.

Feb 8, 2024 8:44 PM in response to godknows149

godknows149 wrote:

I have an Apple gift card that 3 number was badly scratched so it couldn’t be redeemed what do I do ?

Hello and welcome to the thread.

Nobody here represents Apple, or whoever sold these cards, or can assist with a gift card issue.

In short, contact Apple Support directly.

Apple may send you back to the store, as well.

Mar 28, 2024 9:11 AM in response to martins40

martins40 wrote:

Bought a gift card but 2 code for mistakenly scratched off

Which means you will need to directly contact Apple Support.

They may well direct you to the store where this was purchased.

Oct 29, 2023 12:41 PM in response to Grelay

Grelay wrote:

Apple support told me I had to take the unreadable gift card back to Walgreens. Who refuses refunds or exchanges of gift cards. No more Apple gift cards for me, I will neither purchase as gifts or request as a gift.

Apple's gift card policy, like all major retailers, is the same:

Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund (except as required by law), exchanged, resold or used to purchase Gift Cards.

Regardless, Apple simply cannot process a refund because you didn't buy it from them.

Feb 11, 2024 1:32 PM in response to Lowgear2226

Lowgear2226 wrote:

02/11/2024 purchased 5 $100. Gift cards from CVS some of the numbers came off with the tape. On all five cards

Nobody here represents Apple, or whoever sold these cards, or can assist with a gift card issue.

In short, contact Apple Support directly.

Apple may send you back to the store, as well.

Mar 9, 2024 6:46 AM in response to quadri261

quadri261 wrote:

Hello, I bought a Apple Card gift card and I mistakenly scratched out some code

Mar 9, 2024 4:06 PM in response to Benjaxx

Benjaxx wrote:

I recently just purchased an Apple gift Card and some code are missing

Purchased a damaged Apple gift card, what is the policy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.