Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Do Not Want my iphone and PC mail linked to each other

Everytime I delete an email on my IPHONE it deletes it on my PC. How is that possible. Also, when I create folders on my mail on my PC it creates the folder on my IPHONE. I do not want my IPHONE and PC talking to each other on my mail system. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 26, 2023 11:04 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2023 11:30 PM in response to GCSunflower

These don't sync between devices' Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice MemosiCloud Photos, and emails. Each device syncs to the email account server which may be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or others. Please see the pic below

If one of the devices is not connected to the internet then it may seem to you that they are not syncing.

May 27, 2023 4:47 PM in response to GCSunflower

What you are describing is exactly how every modern email protocol is supposed to work. The definitive source of your email account is on your email server. When you make any change at all, such as deleting a message, creating a folder, etc., it happens on the email server. Every device you have that is configured to use that email account on that server will automatically update to reflect the server.

You may be able to switch to using the old POP3 email protocol. But not all email servers support it, and it has many other problems when accessed from multiple devices.

Do Not Want my iphone and PC mail linked to each other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.