Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Family Share - Individual Payment Methods

Hi

I am the Owner of my family’s Family Share and cannot see a way to allow purchase sharing whilst also requiring that each family member have their own payment methods for their purchases.

Is this something that can be done? Or are we limited to only sharing subscriptions?

If this cannot be done are there plans to allow for this in the future and if so is there an approximate timescale that it will be implemented?

-Monk

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 3:05 AM

Hello! No, it's not possible for each family member to have their own payment method. Purchases will be charged to the family organiser's payment method.

No one here knows Apple's plans regarding future updates, but you can suggest this directly to them: Product Feedback - Apple!

I'm also experiencing the same, but to get around it, I usually transfer the amount from my bank account to the family organiser's. Please note that this feature is only available if your bank allows it.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 3:05 AM in response to Monk5127

Hello! No, it's not possible for each family member to have their own payment method. Purchases will be charged to the family organiser's payment method.

No one here knows Apple's plans regarding future updates, but you can suggest this directly to them: Product Feedback - Apple!

I'm also experiencing the same, but to get around it, I usually transfer the amount from my bank account to the family organiser's. Please note that this feature is only available if your bank allows it.

Have a great day!

Family Share - Individual Payment Methods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.