Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

mp3 songs import into music app not working

How do I get the Music app to recieve my mp3 songs from my hard disk. I have converted my old lp’s into this format many years ago. It worked with the old itunes app on my mac but not with the newer music app ( i also have upgraded the os). What can I do so that Music can recognize the songs. It comes up with the message: Attempt to copy to disk failed. The required archive was not found. But the songs are there. The Mac can play the songs but I can not get the songs into the Music app which I need to do if I want to put them on my ipad. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 27, 2023 5:11 AM

5 replies

Apr 12, 2024 6:03 AM in response to Atwixtor

Atwixtor wrote:

I just converted my High Sierra iTunes library file (added the .itl extension to the Library file) and set it as a new library in Sonoma. Non-purchased songs (normal mp3s) would NOT play until I found one in Finder and did the Open With... Music. Then they all started working. Weird!

Thanks for the advice.

Atwixtor, You are welcome!

mp3 songs import into music app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.