Erased drive recovery OS can’t connect to server

I erased my drive as recommended to recover lost boot camp GB and trying to Reinstall Sierra OS. Error Revovery server could not be contacted.

I have changed date to 2018 per one post, verified all viewable and erased proper disk, connected by Ethernet cable and still getting error.

how do I reinstall my OS?

macOS Monterey version 12.6.6

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Processor 3.3 GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Startup Disk Untitle

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on May 27, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 11:00 AM

Try booting into Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to see if it will access the online macOS 12.x Monterey installer. Unfortunately regardless of the keys used for booting, some Macs may only boot to the older online installer for the OS which originally shipped with the Mac from the factory.

Otherwise you will need access to another compatible Qualifying Mac in order to create a bootable macOS USB installer using the instructions in this Apple article:

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

A compatible Qualifying Mac to create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer generally will be a Mac from Late-2009 to 2018. For creating a bootable macOS 12.x USB installer generally requires a Mac from 2015 to 2021. You can use the following article to confirm compatibility for a Qualifying Mac:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 11:00 AM in response to ds3372

Try booting into Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to see if it will access the online macOS 12.x Monterey installer. Unfortunately regardless of the keys used for booting, some Macs may only boot to the older online installer for the OS which originally shipped with the Mac from the factory.

Otherwise you will need access to another compatible Qualifying Mac in order to create a bootable macOS USB installer using the instructions in this Apple article:

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

A compatible Qualifying Mac to create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer generally will be a Mac from Late-2009 to 2018. For creating a bootable macOS 12.x USB installer generally requires a Mac from 2015 to 2021. You can use the following article to confirm compatibility for a Qualifying Mac:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

Erased drive recovery OS can’t connect to server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.