Purchasing an Apple product on the USA website and having it shipped outside of the USA Borders

Is it possible to buy an iPhone on the Apple USA website and have it shipped to South Africa? How can it be done and what are the shipping costs associated with it? Will this affect the e-sim because in South Africa we still use sim cards, but as nano sim cards.

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:25 PM

Apple will not ship internationally from a U.S. location, so there is that.

Even if they did.....and you are asking about an iPhone 14......the U.S. version is eSIM only. Regular SIM would not work.

Finally, Apple warranty is only good in the country in which the product is sold. The exception would be the European Union including a few other countries like Switzerland.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 2:25 PM in response to Irene3009

Apple will not ship internationally from a U.S. location, so there is that.

Even if they did.....and you are asking about an iPhone 14......the U.S. version is eSIM only. Regular SIM would not work.

Finally, Apple warranty is only good in the country in which the product is sold. The exception would be the European Union including a few other countries like Switzerland.

May 27, 2023 3:48 PM in response to Irene3009

Apple won't ship it outside the United States. There are just way too many legal obstacles to doing so, including the resellers complaining about it.

If you really insist on it, there are some companies that might be able to "gray market" a US-spec iPhone for you, including handling all shipping and duties.

May 31, 2023 10:48 AM in response to Irene3009

I have no idea. I've only heard of them but have never actually done so because I live in the United States and prefer a US-spec device. I also hesitate to recommend anything because it's technically trying to get around Apple's distribution system. I have no issue if someone is actually visiting the United States and really wishes to do it, but that's a personal purchase and not any kind of international commerce that gets around Apple's distribution system.

I've heard of companies that actually do this, but mostly on a large scale catering to people willing to pay a large premium for it. The cost of international shipping from he US is high unless one has a high volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq13ffVh-fM

Purchasing an Apple product on the USA website and having it shipped outside of the USA Borders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.