Notification volume on my iPhone is very low

I am facing issue with notifications sound on my iPhone, the ringer volume is good for calls , I tried with custom high volume notification tones but no use same issue

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 28, 2023 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 2:34 PM

My iphone 13 notification volume is very low. It's very annoying. It's a company phone, I'm missing notifications from my boss, and I can't sit and stare at my phone all day. I'm very frustrated, nothing is working.

42 replies

Nov 17, 2023 5:23 AM in response to varahala

I did notice that along with my text tones volume being about 30% lower than my ringer volume. even when I pick the same tone.. that some of my purchased tone sounds were missing.. last nights update restored them back to where they were.. BUT still having issues with the lower volume on the text notifications.. I have tried every solution on this message board with no luck.. Actually, I had someone vandalize my mailbox in the middle of the night because I didn't hear my text notifications from my security camera.. this needs to be fixed asap!!! it is definitely some sort of bug in the update.

Oct 19, 2023 8:28 AM in response to phoenicx1

Found a somewhat unsatisfactory solution. After turning off bluetooth the alerts are at the expected level. For me , Bluetooth always appears to be searching, with the spinning disk there all the time, thought it connects fine to known devices. It may be related to 'MFI Hearing Devices', under Accessability>Hearing Devices, which also shows a spinning disk whenever Bluetooth is switched on.

Hope this helps, though a better fix is obviously needed

Jun 10, 2023 11:38 AM in response to AdvisorMP

Hello

I also have this problem. I've gone from iOS 12 to iOS 16 with a new iPad 9th gen.

The volume, when listening to internet, is fine. No problems there.

However, when getting notification alerts for iMessage (texts) or emails, I can barely hear anything. The 'change with Buttons' is OFF. The volume is set to HIGH.

Not sure what's the problem. Any ideas?

Feb 23, 2024 1:11 PM in response to varahala

There is definitely something odd going on with the sound level volume being low for certain types of notifications--specifically any of the non-Ringtone alerts, e.g., Text Tone, New Mail, etc.; hear me out--on my iPhone 14 Pro Max (iOS 17.3.1--however, issue has been present in numerous previous iOS versions) I can replicate the notification volume level issue as follows: I have the "Sleep Time Free" app installed on my phone; when I enable/start the sleep timer on it, then go into the phone Settings -> Sounds & Haptics -> Text Tone and select any one of my alert tones I notice that the alert tone volume is very loud...but when I stop the sleep timer in the Sleep Time Free app and then go back into Settings -> Sounds & Haptics -> Text Tone and select the (same) alert tone, the alert tone volume is now noticeably quite a bit lower; I can replicate this at will. It is not just one specific alert tone either--I can select a different alert tone (even the iOS-provided ones) and it'll do the same high/low volume thing too, and as previously mentioned it occurs on any of the other non-Ringtone alert types too; oddly enough the Ringtone volume stays at a consistent volume level regardless of whether I start the sleep timer in the app. And actually you don't really even need to go into the Sound settings and select an alert tone to perform the test--the phone lock sound is affected similarly as well.

Obviously I'm not gonna be letting the sleep timer run 24x7 just so that my text and/or other notification alert tones will sound very loud but clearly someway, somehow the Sleep Time Free app is able to manipulate the notification volume level. Kinda odd that starting the sleep timer (in the app) would actually cause the alert tone volume to increase--you'd think it should have it decreased so that you're not awakened by a very loud alert tone notification while you're asleep.

Notification volume on my iPhone is very low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.