Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My iPhone is stuck on screen

my iPhone is lock on slide to power off screen how do I fix it

iPhone 14, 16

Posted on May 28, 2023 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 4:00 AM

1. Install iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. Unplug the phone from the computer (if it’s connected) and turn it off.
  3. Put the phone into recovery mode by pressing the (844) 220-9113correct button and connecting the phone to the computer at the same time. For iPhone 8 and later, use the side button; for the 7 and 7 Plus models, use the volume down button; for iPhone 6 and earlier, use the home button.
  4. Hold the button until you see recovery mode pop up.
  5. Find the iPhone in iTunes and select “restore” when you see the option to restore or update.
  6. Once the download finishes, the phone will turn off and boot up again. When it’s done, disconnect it from the computer, set it up and use your iPhone as usual.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 4:00 AM in response to Casonabel

1. Install iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. Unplug the phone from the computer (if it’s connected) and turn it off.
  3. Put the phone into recovery mode by pressing the (844) 220-9113correct button and connecting the phone to the computer at the same time. For iPhone 8 and later, use the side button; for the 7 and 7 Plus models, use the volume down button; for iPhone 6 and earlier, use the home button.
  4. Hold the button until you see recovery mode pop up.
  5. Find the iPhone in iTunes and select “restore” when you see the option to restore or update.
  6. Once the download finishes, the phone will turn off and boot up again. When it’s done, disconnect it from the computer, set it up and use your iPhone as usual.

My iPhone is stuck on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.