I can’t see “my photo stream” among my albums so does this mean I don’t need to do anything?

Re. Cancelling photo stream:

I can’t see “my photo stream” among my albums so does this mean I don’t need to do anything?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 8:02 AM

If you have no Photo Stream album, that would indicate that you either don’t have the option for Photo Stream or that you never used it.

Go to Settings>Photos. If you do not see the option for Photo Stream or it is not enabled, you don’t have to do anything.

Apple ID’s that were created more recently never had the option to use Photo Stream. My wife and daughter crated Apple ID’s in late 2018 and never had the option to use Photo Stream in the settings.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 8:02 AM in response to Mdax

If you have no Photo Stream album, that would indicate that you either don’t have the option for Photo Stream or that you never used it.

Go to Settings>Photos. If you do not see the option for Photo Stream or it is not enabled, you don’t have to do anything.

Apple ID’s that were created more recently never had the option to use Photo Stream. My wife and daughter crated Apple ID’s in late 2018 and never had the option to use Photo Stream in the settings.

May 30, 2023 6:04 AM in response to Nonnie2013

On your Mac, check this way.

Go to Photos > Albums > My Photo Stream.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

The important thing to remember is that even when Photo Stream is shut down, you will not lose any of your photos. The photos will still be on the device on which they were taken. What will happen is that any photos taken moving forward, will not sync to your other devices that were using Photo Stream.

This may help you understand the situation better.

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

May 30, 2023 5:26 AM in response to Mdax

If "my photo stream" is not showing as an option on either my MacBook Pro 2023 or my iPhone 13, there is no need to do anything, correct? Here's how I checked for it on my MacBook Pro - open the Photos app and look for 'My Photo Stream' in the sidebar under 'Photos' or 'Albums. Here's how I checked for it on my iPhone - open Photos, tab 'Albums,' and then tap 'My Photo Stream. If that's the correct way to check and the phrase "my photo stream" doesn't appear, I'm in the clear, right? Thanks, in advance, for your reply!

May 30, 2023 5:36 AM in response to Nonnie2013

Nonnie2013 wrote:

If "my photo stream" is not showing as an option on either my MacBook Pro 2023 or my iPhone 13, there is no need to do anything, correct?

If you do not My Photo Stream in the settings on your devices, then you are not using Photo Stream. Double check on your phone in the settings - not the Photos app.

Go to Settings>Photos. If you do not see My Photo Stream in that setting, then you don’t have it to use. If it does appear in the settings but it is not turned on, then you are not using Photo Stream.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.