Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

Photo stream shutdown

I don't see "my photo stream" in my albums. Does that mean I don't have it and don't have to worry?

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 3:54 PM

Hello itard123,

If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices. 

Verify this setting is on for all of your Apple devices and you should be all set. If you don’t see a My Photo Stream album you most likely never had one. You also should’ve received an email from Apple, if you did have this feature enabled (notifying you of the shutdown).

I hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 3:54 PM in response to itard123

Hello itard123,

If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices. 

Verify this setting is on for all of your Apple devices and you should be all set. If you don’t see a My Photo Stream album you most likely never had one. You also should’ve received an email from Apple, if you did have this feature enabled (notifying you of the shutdown).

I hope this helps!

Jul 2, 2023 12:45 PM in response to itard123

So I have iCloud turned on my iPhone and iMac. My iPad only has Photo Stream on and iCloud is turned off. So I tired to sync iPad to iMac but about 9000 pictures won’t transfer.

I see in iPad setting I I can turn I iCloud but the warning for photos makes it seem like I will loose all my pictures. Is this true? Or anyone know a way to get all pictures of iPad?

iPhone and IMac ast perfectly in sync.

thank you

Photo stream shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.