Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Contacts icon on my ipad

My contact list exists on my iPad, but I have no icon on my home screen to access it. How do I find the correct icon, and then, how do I add it to my home screen?

Posted on May 28, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 6:04 PM

Find the Contacts App in your App Library - then add the Contacts App to one of your Home pages…

Find and open an app in App Library

1. Go to the Home Screen, then swipe left past all your Home Screen pages to get to App Library.
  2. You can also open App Library quickly by tapping , the rightmost button in the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap the search field at the top of the screen, then enter the name of the app you’re looking for.
  4. Or scroll to browse the alphabetical list.
  5. To open an app, tap it.

If a category in App Library has a few small app icons, you can tap them to expand the category and see all the apps in it.

Move an app from App Library to the Home Screen

You can add an app in App Library to the Home Screen, unless it’s already there.

Touch and hold the app, then tap Add to Home Screen (available only if the app isn’t already on the Home Screen).

The app appears on the Home Screen and in App Library.

The iPad User Guide has the full description:

Find your apps in App Library on iPad – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 6:04 PM in response to StPeteJohn

Find the Contacts App in your App Library - then add the Contacts App to one of your Home pages…

Find and open an app in App Library

1. Go to the Home Screen, then swipe left past all your Home Screen pages to get to App Library.
  2. You can also open App Library quickly by tapping , the rightmost button in the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap the search field at the top of the screen, then enter the name of the app you’re looking for.
  4. Or scroll to browse the alphabetical list.
  5. To open an app, tap it.

If a category in App Library has a few small app icons, you can tap them to expand the category and see all the apps in it.

Move an app from App Library to the Home Screen

You can add an app in App Library to the Home Screen, unless it’s already there.

Touch and hold the app, then tap Add to Home Screen (available only if the app isn’t already on the Home Screen).

The app appears on the Home Screen and in App Library.

The iPad User Guide has the full description:

Find your apps in App Library on iPad – Apple Support

Contacts icon on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.