how to restore my backup?

Hi everyone,

My iPhone X is what I'm using but unfortunately after updating my iphone to ios 16, it went down to manufactured date. My problem now is that how to restore backup without compromising all my apps, contacts, messages, and most specially my photos and videos? which button should i click?

Hoping someone is here to help me.

Thank you.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2023 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 11:43 AM

This article explains how to restore an iOS backup. There are two ways to do this and each depends on what you use to backup - a computer or iCloud.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

When you restore a backup, you restore all the contents that were in the backup on the date and time that you created the backup. Therefore, if your backup is one month old, when you restore it to your phone, you will be turning the clock back one month on the phone and will lose all contact and data acquired since then.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 11:43 AM in response to ldg1018

This article explains how to restore an iOS backup. There are two ways to do this and each depends on what you use to backup - a computer or iCloud.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

When you restore a backup, you restore all the contents that were in the backup on the date and time that you created the backup. Therefore, if your backup is one month old, when you restore it to your phone, you will be turning the clock back one month on the phone and will lose all contact and data acquired since then.

how to restore my backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.