Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Trackpad Disconnects from Mac Studio

Ever since upgrading to Ventura 13.4 my trackpad keeps randomly disconnecting from my Mac Studio. Using a cable restores the connection and the battery is always well above 60 percent (most recently it was at 70 percent when it disconnected right in the middle of scrolling. The trackpad is new as is the Studio (less than a year old). I've never had the problem before now. It's apparent that the problem is with Venture 13.4.

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on May 28, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 2:40 PM

tomtupelo wrote:

Ever since upgrading to Ventura 13.4 my trackpad keeps randomly disconnecting from my Mac Studio. Using a cable restores the connection and the battery is always well above 60 percent (most recently it was at 70 percent when it disconnected right in the middle of scrolling. The trackpad is new as is the Studio (less than a year old). I've never had the problem before now. It's apparent that the problem is with Venture 13.4.

I would open Bluetooth in >System Settings and un-pair/forget the device.

do a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to clear system cache files

and then re-pair the device as new, and compare your results.

Connect an Apple wireless accessory with Mac

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 2:40 PM in response to tomtupelo

tomtupelo wrote:

I would open Bluetooth in >System Settings and un-pair/forget the device.

do a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to clear system cache files

and then re-pair the device as new, and compare your results.

Connect an Apple wireless accessory with Mac

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or ...

Trackpad Disconnects from Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.