Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

My App Store isn’t working

My phone keeps saying I need to verify my billing address And when I do it the app still won’t download .

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on May 29, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 11:45 AM

You usually need a payment method -

You usually need to have added a valid payment method to your account. Even to re-download or update apps and for free apps. You can find the acceptable payment methods for your country here;

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 11:45 AM in response to Teq_swxe

You usually need a payment method -

You usually need to have added a valid payment method to your account. Even to re-download or update apps and for free apps. You can find the acceptable payment methods for your country here;

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

My App Store isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.