How do I turn off (reboot) my iPhone 14?

How do I turn off (reboot) my iPhone 14? Neither the ride-side button nor force restart procedures work. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 12:43 PM

Hold the Volume Up and Side buttons at the same time.

To force restart:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 12:43 PM in response to kso808

Hold the Volume Up and Side buttons at the same time.

To force restart:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

May 30, 2023 3:03 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes! I googled this issue and found your solution of simultaneously holding the volume up and right-side button down, and that took me to the phone turn-off screen. I had also wondered about the solution provided by another poster, who said to go to Settings, General, Shut Down, if that would accomplish the same thing, before I discovered your volume up/right-side buttons solution. Thanks.

How do I turn off (reboot) my iPhone 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.