IOS 16 messed up my Bluetooth and Wifi- HELP

When IOS 16 came out my wifi and Bluetooth both stopped working, I thought it was a hardware issue but once I started looking for solutions I saw it was also a bug having to do with the updates, I tried each step, restarting my phone, trying to connect to networks, and eventually resetting network settings. The last option actually worked! And I was surprised, then I got IOS 16.5 and now my wifi and Bluetooth work only if I reset my network settings only for my phone to restart itself a few hours later and the cycle begins again. Help me

Posted on May 29, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 1:04 AM

How long have you faced this issue? Have you gone to any service center for repair and from which version does it occur? I am facing the same issue after the 16.6 update. I checked with Chat support and they told me that it's a hardware issue that is now captured by OS. It doesn't make any sense!! even if they write any code to detect hardware issues it should be good for users not making their life hard. I am thinking to switch to Samsung now

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 1:04 AM in response to zoecnrt

How long have you faced this issue? Have you gone to any service center for repair and from which version does it occur? I am facing the same issue after the 16.6 update. I checked with Chat support and they told me that it's a hardware issue that is now captured by OS. It doesn't make any sense!! even if they write any code to detect hardware issues it should be good for users not making their life hard. I am thinking to switch to Samsung now

May 31, 2023 9:44 AM in response to SravanKrA

I literally described what was going on. I updated my phone, my Bluetooth says it is unavailable, my wifi won’t turn on. I reset my network settings, my wifi and Bluetooth turn on, but then after a minute or so, my phone will shut off and reset. Once it finishes resetting, my wifi will not allow me to turn it on and my Bluetooth again says unavailable.

Aug 13, 2023 3:43 AM in response to ranamayank501

Hi, I exactly have the same problem for a week now :/ At the Apple store, their solution was to change the hardware and pay 450gbp...

But when we resetted the phone, Wifi and Bluetooth wre activated again. Then same than you, it keeps shutting down after a few hours (I also noticed the phone becomes a little bit warm): the phone restarts and it's then impossible to reactivate Wifi/Bluetooth.

A phone repair shop told it's likely to be a software issue and that we should wait for the next update, which most of the time is monthly!

The 'good' thing is that there are several users facing this issue, so indeed it seems to be a software issue.

Jun 3, 2023 4:44 AM in response to zoecnrt

I have the same issue. If WiFi is turned on from the pull down panel, as soon as you look again it’s off. If you go into settings enable WiFi is greyed out. Same thing with Bluetooth. I tried resetting network, etc, but only doing a full factory reset worked. It worked for one day and then the same thing has happened again. I’m fairly certain it’s software related, but as Apple support is so sketchy it’s difficult to say for certain. A factory reset can’t fix a hardware fault.

May 30, 2023 12:23 AM in response to zoecnrt

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16 and above are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Aug 9, 2023 11:28 PM in response to zoecnrt

I am also facing the same issue, after updating to iOS 16.6. It’s a big issue not able to connect my Apple Watch or wifi. This is definitely a software issue as it get ‘ON’ if we do the reset network setting but that also for specific period of time (8-10hours).

is Apple team is working to rectify this in next patch? And are you facing this issue from iOS 16 release or it happened recently?

IOS 16 messed up my Bluetooth and Wifi- HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.