Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi and Bluetooth connections won’t connect.

My wifi and Bluetooth connections will not work. I have reset my network setting like Apple recommended and when it reboots it works for a short period of time and then my iPhone restarts by itself and this time it reboots with my wifi and Bluetooth unable to connect again.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 11:01 AM

I have the iPhone 12 and both my WiFi and Bluetooth stopped connecting. The WiFi is completely greyed out and won’t do anything and the Bluetooth has the spinning wheel of death. I’m so upset since my phone is just 6 months old and cost a small fortune. I contacted apple and they ran diagnostics that said there was something wrong with the Bluetooth and WiFi hardware...they advised me to go to Best Buy to have it looked at and fixed. Best Buy did the EXACT same thing that apple did (the day before through chat) and told me they don’t know what’s wrong with it (other than what diagnostic is saying) and can’t fix anything there. What a waste of a trip. They would have to mail my phone out to apple to have them check it out. Oh and that it would cost me $450 to fix and take 3+ weeks since I don’t have applecare.... What?!?! I’m confused how I have to pay for a hardware issue on a 6 month old phone. The only recommendation the tech from Best Buy gave me was to do a factory reset...I did this and still have the issue. I have to now make the trip to an apple store that is a 3 hour drive probably to be told that they can’t fix it there and it has to be mailed out. I’d mail it myself except that there is no option for my issue to select and it won’t let me continue without selecting something. I tried contacting apple support again to have them set me up and was disconnected with no call back. I’m so tired of apple issues. I probably wouldn’t be so bothered if I didn’t use my phone for EVERYTHING...ugh.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 11:01 AM in response to HCane

I have the iPhone 12 and both my WiFi and Bluetooth stopped connecting. The WiFi is completely greyed out and won’t do anything and the Bluetooth has the spinning wheel of death. I’m so upset since my phone is just 6 months old and cost a small fortune. I contacted apple and they ran diagnostics that said there was something wrong with the Bluetooth and WiFi hardware...they advised me to go to Best Buy to have it looked at and fixed. Best Buy did the EXACT same thing that apple did (the day before through chat) and told me they don’t know what’s wrong with it (other than what diagnostic is saying) and can’t fix anything there. What a waste of a trip. They would have to mail my phone out to apple to have them check it out. Oh and that it would cost me $450 to fix and take 3+ weeks since I don’t have applecare.... What?!?! I’m confused how I have to pay for a hardware issue on a 6 month old phone. The only recommendation the tech from Best Buy gave me was to do a factory reset...I did this and still have the issue. I have to now make the trip to an apple store that is a 3 hour drive probably to be told that they can’t fix it there and it has to be mailed out. I’d mail it myself except that there is no option for my issue to select and it won’t let me continue without selecting something. I tried contacting apple support again to have them set me up and was disconnected with no call back. I’m so tired of apple issues. I probably wouldn’t be so bothered if I didn’t use my phone for EVERYTHING...ugh.

Jul 22, 2021 8:16 PM in response to Aussie_on_the_move

Yes, I made the drive to an apple store and had fully prepared myself to be without my phone for 3+ weeks...lol. They determined that there was a rear system failure and replaced everything except the outer shell and camera. They did all of this in store and it took about 1 hour. I asked if this is something that has happened to other iPhone 12’s and was told that they are not aware of any issues like this. Contrary to what I was told previously by a Best Buy employee who apple first sent me to, I was not charged for this repair since I was within my warranty period. If it was outside the warranty and no recalled issue then I would have had to pay $455 for the repair since I did not have AppleCare.

WiFi and Bluetooth connections won’t connect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.