Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How do I access my iCloud backup if I lost my phone?

I deleted an iPhone backup on my Mac to save space. I then enabled "Back up this iPhone" under iCloud on my cell phone. However how would I access the backup if I lose the phone? The website says backups aren't listed on iCloud.com

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 5:54 PM

Have a look at this document which outlines how to Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support (AU)

Restoring from an iCloud backup requires the new device to be factory reset. Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen. If you’ve already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can restore from your backup.

The below document also provides some valuable info regarding restoring from an iCloud Backup.

Get help with restoring from your iCloud backup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 5:54 PM in response to speedylady

Have a look at this document which outlines how to Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support (AU)

Restoring from an iCloud backup requires the new device to be factory reset. Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen. If you’ve already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can restore from your backup.

The below document also provides some valuable info regarding restoring from an iCloud Backup.

Get help with restoring from your iCloud backup

How do I access my iCloud backup if I lost my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.