Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Music Quits Playing After 10 Seconds

What dumb thing am I missing???

Apple Music quits playing a song after 10-20" and automatically moves on to the next song on the album where the same thing happens.

I've authorized my computer.

Any ideas welcome. Thank you!

Details:

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 10:06 PM

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem, or moving closer to your router.

2. Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can fix a lot of problems. Restart your computer, phone, or other device and see if that fixes the issue.

3. Update your software. Make sure your computer, phone, or other device is running the latest software. You can check for updates in your device's settings.

4. Sign out and sign back in to Apple Music. This can sometimes fix problems with account settings.

5. Delete and re-download the songs. If all else fails, try deleting the songs from your device and re-downloading them.

If you've tried all of these things and you're still having problems, you can contact Apple Support for help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 10:06 PM in response to CharPatton

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem, or moving closer to your router.

2. Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can fix a lot of problems. Restart your computer, phone, or other device and see if that fixes the issue.

3. Update your software. Make sure your computer, phone, or other device is running the latest software. You can check for updates in your device's settings.

4. Sign out and sign back in to Apple Music. This can sometimes fix problems with account settings.

5. Delete and re-download the songs. If all else fails, try deleting the songs from your device and re-downloading them.

If you've tried all of these things and you're still having problems, you can contact Apple Support for help.

Jun 6, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Jijo_S_Lal

Thanks for trying to help!

Unfortunately, all of the above do not work; it still quits 19 seconds in and goes on to the next song on the playlist. (I upgraded to OS 13.4 with no luck as well.)

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the transition from iTunes to Music (I bought this album a long time ago).

But I could be way, way off; this is just a wild guess and I don't understand how music works on my Mac.

TBH, I've had much, much better luck with knowledgeable Community members than the folks who answer the phones at Apple Support in terms of successful problem-solving ability, so will hope that someone else chimes in.

Again, thank you for trying to assist.

Mar 14, 2024 5:59 PM in response to CharPatton

Hi, all. Perhaps this has been answered somewhere but it was happening to me too, and I tried a few of the things suggested. None of them worked. I don't subscribe to Apple Music. I finally noticed the ! exclamation mark on the AirPlay button at the top right of Music. I clicked on the AirPlay icon and a dropdown opened where you can choose from which machine you want to have the music play. Mine was checked for my AirPod. I changed it to my computer and now my music plays (from my computer when I want it to). I hope this helps some people.

Music Quits Playing After 10 Seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.