Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ will only play first episodes

I have an active subscription, I tried both on my Samsung Tv and on my Ipad Air.

I was in the middle of watching a show when suddenly, the play button disappeared.

I am only able to watch the first episode of any given show, but anything after that won’t play.

Pretty big disservice for a paid service, and greatly annoying especially when I was in the middle of a show and wanted to continue. Something like this has never happened to any other streaming service, and I hope it will get solved immediately, because I have no intention of paying for something that doesn’t work.

Posted on May 30, 2023 2:03 PM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2024 4:49 PM in response to JJames1943

… through Roku.

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
  2. Shut off and unplug the TV (or streaming device),
  3. Wait 30 seconds,
  4. Plug the TV (or streaming device) back in,
  5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by user Jarieta.

1. Roku: Home﹥Settings﹥System﹥Advanced System Settings﹥Network Connection Reset

If the issue persists after that, then please contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

Feb 19, 2024 10:35 AM in response to JJames1943

Is this still going on in Feb. 2024?

No, that issue from 8+ months ago was resolved swiftly. Masters premiered less than 4 weeks ago. Visit Apple - Support - System Status for the current status of Apple services.

We subscribed to AppleTV+ to watch Masters of the Air, but after the first 3 episodes, it will not play.

On what device model is this happening?

Apple TV+ will only play first episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.