Not taking advantage of Family plan iCloud - how do I move off individual plan

Hi

I have long had the $.99/mo plan but my wife got the 200GB for the family. We have Family sharing enabled and it says that my wife is sharing iCloud + with me. However, my iCloud seems to be limited and says that I have 50GB both on my ipHone and on my Mac.

Does that mean I have 1/4 of her iCloud allocated to me? Can I turn off my original $.99/mo plan?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 30, 2023 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 10:24 AM

Thank you! That works on iOS but the settings in iCloud subscriptions on the Mac do not show this option. It shows my wife’s plan and the fact that I am “not using” only with no option to join.

The iOS solution has me up and running though. Thanks!

3 replies

May 30, 2023 3:49 PM in response to DadMaster

DadMaster wrote:

Hi
I have long had the $.99/mo plan but my wife got the 200GB for the family. We have Family sharing enabled and it says that my wife is sharing iCloud + with me. However, my iCloud seems to be limited and says that I have 50GB both on my ipHone and on my Mac.

Does that mean I have 1/4 of her iCloud allocated to me?

No. It means you are still using your own 99c plan.

Can I turn off my original $.99/mo plan?

Thanks!

You can join her plan, and it will automatically cancel yours, but you must manually join it. Click the link below and follow the steps shown there to join her storage plan.

click here ➜ Share iCloud+ with your family - Switch to Family Plan - Apple Support

Not taking advantage of Family plan iCloud - how do I move off individual plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.