Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud family sharing

Hi, my wife and myself use icloud storage-50 gb each (paid individually) I was thinking if i subscribe to the 200 GB will my wife have to downgrade her plan before i send her the share request? I don’t want her to be paying for her 50 gb, but if she downgrades will there be any issues like losing some pictures in the process.

question is- i downgrade her i cloud plan to the free one and then subscribe to the 200 gb plan and then add her as a family?

kindly suggest. Many thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 4:26 PM

Hello khajotia,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have some questions about switching to a family plan for iCloud+, and we'd like to provide you with some information.

According to the Apple Support article below, "When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically. If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

Share iCloud+ with your family

We recommend taking the steps in the link above to share iCloud storage with your wife, rather than downgrading her storage plan first, then subscribing to iCloud+.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 4:26 PM in response to khajotia

Hello khajotia,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have some questions about switching to a family plan for iCloud+, and we'd like to provide you with some information.

According to the Apple Support article below, "When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically. If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

Share iCloud+ with your family

We recommend taking the steps in the link above to share iCloud storage with your wife, rather than downgrading her storage plan first, then subscribing to iCloud+.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

icloud family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.