Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud family sharing and downgrading

Hi, i purchased 200 gb i cloud storage and want to share it with my wife. My question is if i add her to the family sharing for icloud, will my wife’s current subscription be automatically cancelled or do i need to cancel her subscription and then add her to the family subscription? I have read a few articles but not sure- i dont want her to lose any photos.

appreciate if someone can guide me- downgrade her plan first or add her first to my sharing and then cancel?

many thanks

Posted on May 8, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:12 AM

I don’t know if you read this one.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If you read the section titled Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan, it says that when the family member makes the switch to the Family Plan, they will receive a refund for their own plan. Nowhere does it say that you have to do anything to achieve this.

You add her first and her plan will be cancelled.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 8:12 AM in response to khajotia

I don’t know if you read this one.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If you read the section titled Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan, it says that when the family member makes the switch to the Family Plan, they will receive a refund for their own plan. Nowhere does it say that you have to do anything to achieve this.

You add her first and her plan will be cancelled.

iCloud family sharing and downgrading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.