Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Magic Keyboard

I have an iPad and Magic Keyboard When I place the iPad on the Magic Keyboard I can’t get any response from the Magic Keyboard keys

Any advice would be appreciat

Robert

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 31, 2023 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard - and carefully/gently clean the smart connector contacts on both the iPad and keyboard with a soft pencil eraser (a drafting-film eraser is ideal). Ensure that the contacts on both iPad and keyboard are dirt and dust free - and all debris from the eraser have been removed - before reconnecting the two.

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 6:12 AM in response to Aksobhya

Remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard - and carefully/gently clean the smart connector contacts on both the iPad and keyboard with a soft pencil eraser (a drafting-film eraser is ideal). Ensure that the contacts on both iPad and keyboard are dirt and dust free - and all debris from the eraser have been removed - before reconnecting the two.

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.