Separate AirPod pros in find my

My AirPod pros 2nd gen stopped separating into their three respective pieces on the find my app. They now all show up as “my AirPod Pros” but it makes it significantly harder to find something if I’ve lost it for instance the case as there is no longer the option to track it if i don’t have the AirPods in it. That being said is there anyway to fix this problem?? I’ve tried taking them off of find my and putting them back on, even forgetting them from my device, so far nothing has worked.

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on May 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 12:09 PM

Hey CharlesRosss,

Sounds like you'r having issues with your AirPod Pro 2nd Gen's showing up as 3 separate pieces on your Find My app.

Do you have all the AirPods placed into the charging case? If not, please place them in the case and test further. If all else fails, reset your AirPods Pro using these steps, as they're best equipped to assist:

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
* If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
* If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
7. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
8. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

AirPods charging cases
9. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

This is outlined further here: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

We hope this helps out. For more info on locating your AirPods, also check out: Find your lost AirPods - Apple Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 12:09 PM in response to CharlesRosss

Hey CharlesRosss,

Sounds like you'r having issues with your AirPod Pro 2nd Gen's showing up as 3 separate pieces on your Find My app.

Do you have all the AirPods placed into the charging case? If not, please place them in the case and test further. If all else fails, reset your AirPods Pro using these steps, as they're best equipped to assist:

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
* If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
* If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
7. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
8. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

AirPods charging cases
9. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

This is outlined further here: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

We hope this helps out. For more info on locating your AirPods, also check out: Find your lost AirPods - Apple Support

Take care!

Separate AirPod pros in find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.