Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Where is Quicktime Player 7 on my system?

I recently discovered that I still have QT 7 on my system when I did an "open with". I found my old QT7 Pro reg and entered it and it worked (now I have the A/V controls etc). The odd thing is I can't see the application anywhere. It doesn't appear anywhere in my Applications folder or in iCloud folder. Apparently the only way to access it is through the "open with" command. So where is the QT 7 application launching from???

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:05 AM

4 replies

May 31, 2023 8:27 AM in response to Alcivarus

Use the Spotlight search from the menu bar to try to find it. If Spotlight finds it, you can hold down the Command key and it will show you the Finder location for it next to the result and open Finder to it when you click on it while holding the Command key down.

It may have been moved out of the Applications folder, or may be in another users folder.

May 31, 2023 1:48 PM in response to Niel

Thank you. that's an excellent idea (why didn't I think of it duh). Crazy thing is, after trying again, Quicktime Player 7 no longer even showed up in the "open with" menu so I ended up re-downloading it from Apple Support. Installation placed it in the Utilities Folder. All seems to be OK now. That was weird because before re-downloading, it seemed invisible. Thanks again.

Where is Quicktime Player 7 on my system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.