I got a Apple Platform Security alert saying my PC has been blocked for security reasons

Has anyone had their computer blocked by Apple Platform Security because my iPad was infected by trojan Spyware. It says contact a engineer at 888*** they can walk me through the removal process and don't get on any other device until this is fixed. This will prevent identity theft and will unlock access to my iPad. I don't believe it.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad (7th generation)

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 4:01 PM

I didn’t believe it either but the **** thing locked up my laptop! I couldn’t get rid of it, had to shut down, lost some unsaved work. (My auto backup is every 30 minutes.) Was there a way I could’ve gotten rid of it?

20 replies

Aug 18, 2023 6:56 PM in response to creativekp

They didn't find you, you found them, anyone that visits the sites that you were on will see the same message. The farther you explore the edges of the internet, the more likely you are to be redirected to sites that will pop up these messages. This is nothing unusual and the threats are intended to scare you into calling a fake support number and give them you Apple ID and Password or other personal information. With that information they would be able to lock you out of your own device and demand money to unlock it. In other scenarios, you will be persuaded to download some software they claim will fix the problem, but will only lead to more of the same troubles.

Jul 12, 2023 1:01 PM in response to Vbhn

As said before, these are scams and there is nothing to fix. They want your money by scaring you into believing that you have a problem. Just like with the many scam emails you get, just delete and move on. Under no circumstances should you call a number and give them your Apple ID Password or financial information. With the Apple ID and Password, they could lock you out of your own device.

Feb 11, 2024 9:23 PM in response to AppleSecurityNotification

AppleSecurityNotification wrote:

I have received an Apple Security Notification saying access to my MacBook Air has been blocked. I believe this to be a scam but I can’t remove the notification from my screen. Please help!

Force-quit Safari, and see if that clears things: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 18, 2023 10:24 AM in response to creativekp

creativekp wrote:

just got this pop up, with a computerized voice telling me not to shut down.
didn't do it, closed out,
it is spam... right?
but how did they find me??

Yes, it is SPAM! How did they find you? Simple, you use the Internet. Sorry, but there is no simple answer to that question. In most cases, they don't find you, they just send out bulk spam messages out to the Internet, and they just make their way to you eventually. However, you do need to be actively vigilant to not make it easy to be found.

I got a Apple Platform Security alert saying my PC has been blocked for security reasons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.