Quicktime quits recording

I am running Quicktime 10.5 on Ventura 13.3 on a MacBook Air. I am trying to record the room, and almost every recording stops on its own anywhere between 10-35 minutes. I am trying to take hour-long recordings. Out of 15 recordings, only four have recorded my whole session. Some of them will record the whole session, but 40 minutes will be the final frame of my clicking stop with the correct audio underneath. I have tried changing the settings as shown on the internet. This is driving me crazy and making my job difficult. HELP!! Can I buy an app that will record the room on the macs camera?

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on May 31, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 6:00 AM

the only other thing I could suggest would be to boot into safe mode, run the Mac in safe mode for about 10 minutes, and then reboot normally and test. please note that while in safe mode, QuickTime will not function properly and you will have no sound. and the Mac will also be quite sluggish. all of that is normal behaviour. but safe mode does a little "house cleaning". sometimes a safe boot, followed by a normal boot will clear up issues.

please see Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 6:00 AM in response to Minty-99

the only other thing I could suggest would be to boot into safe mode, run the Mac in safe mode for about 10 minutes, and then reboot normally and test. please note that while in safe mode, QuickTime will not function properly and you will have no sound. and the Mac will also be quite sluggish. all of that is normal behaviour. but safe mode does a little "house cleaning". sometimes a safe boot, followed by a normal boot will clear up issues.

please see Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Jun 1, 2023 1:22 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

Thank you, that is good information. I have been saving all videos to my desktop as they are saved then watched within the week and deleted. I just updated to Ventura 13.4 so I am hopeful it will make a difference. I have tried closing all other applications, keeping some open, quitting and re-starting Quicktime before videos, not closing down before a new video, I changed my screensaver time, put mac on do not disturb. There does not seem to be a pattern on when/if it stops recording. At least not that I have noticed yet. Any other ideas? I will try just about anything. I really do not want to have to buy an external camera etc.

Quicktime quits recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.