Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Water lock icon no longer available on Apple Watch.

My water lock icon is no longer available on Apple Watch. I noticed it was gone after the last update. How do I get the icon/app back on my watch?

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 12:28 AM

Yes it is.

Press side button (not the crown) once then scroll down

63 replies

Dec 22, 2023 3:37 PM in response to Suehouse

Suehouse wrote:

I don’t have water lock or find phone anymore since update on my Apple 4 watch

Control Center moved from the swipe up to a quick press and release of the flat oval side button (see picture)

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency services display

Settings -> Accessibility -> Side Button Click Speed

can be used to adjust the press and release timing. This is rather useful getting Apple Pay's double press and release to work reliably. I like Slow, and my Wife likes the Slowest setting.

You may find this page useful:

What’s new in Apple Watch and watchOS 10 - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2024 6:04 PM in response to Frantalbert

Frantalbert Wrote:

I can’t find the waterproof icon on my iwatch? Blue drip icon gone???

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

The previous Control Center swipe-up has moved to a quick press and release of the flat oval side button

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up Emergency services and the power off icon.

Control Center should then show you the iPhone ping icon (find my iPhone), Battery percentage, Flashlight, Water Lock, Airplane mode, Alarm silence, Theater mode, and all the other Control Center services.

An alternate way to get some of the Control Center services is:

“Hey Siri, find my iPhone”

“Hey Siri, Flashlight”

“Hey Siri, Battery”

“Hey Siri, Airplane mode”

Getting the press and release timing just right can be an issue. You can make it more reliable by changing:

Settings -> Accessibility -> Side Button Click Speed

“Side Button Click Speed” can adjust the press and release timing, so you get the Control Center display every time. Adjusting The “Side Button Click Speed” is also useful for Apple Pay’s double press and release. There is “Default” (sub second timing of needed), “Slow” (up to a second between press and release), and “Slowest” (up to 2 seconds between press and release). I like the “Slow” setting.

NOTE: Slow and Slowest settings do not mean you have to wait a full second or 2 seconds between press and release. It just means you do not need to be super fast.

Jun 1, 2023 5:41 AM in response to Xtinakay

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the Water Lock feature on Apple Watch is designed to help protect the device from water damage by temporarily disabling the screen's touch functionality and ejecting any water from the speaker. However, it's important to note that Apple may make updates to its operating system and feature availability over time.

If you're unable to find the Water Lock icon on your Apple Watch, here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your Apple Watch model and software version: The Water Lock feature may not be available on older Apple Watch models or if you're using an outdated version of watchOS. Ensure that your device is compatible and up to date with the latest software version.
  2. Enable Water Lock through Control Center: On your Apple Watch, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center. Look for the droplet-shaped icon that represents Water Lock. If it's not visible, scroll down to the bottom of the Control Center and tap "Edit" to customize the icons shown. Make sure Water Lock is included in the list of available icons and add it if necessary.
  3. Restart your Apple Watch: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches. Try restarting your Apple Watch by pressing and holding the side button until the power-off slider appears. Then, drag the slider to turn off the device. After a few seconds, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears, indicating the device is restarting.
  4. Reset your Apple Watch settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting your Apple Watch settings. Note that this will remove any personalized settings and content stored on the watch. To do this, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, go to "General," then select "Reset," and choose "Erase All Content and Settings." Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend visiting the Apple Support website or contacting Apple directly for further assistance. They can provide the most up-to-date information and guidance based on your specific Apple Watch model and software version.

Water lock icon no longer available on Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.