Can’t log into mac book

i tried to log in to my Mac book, I typed the correct password as I used the same password last week to log in and it worked, this week however I put the same password but it says wrong password, I’m not getting the option to reset my password either, the log in screen only says ‘name’ and ‘enter password’ .

what do I do?

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:22 PM

ramadas292 Said:

"Can’t log into mac book: i tried to log in to my Mac book, I typed the correct password as I used the same password last week to log in and it worked, this week however I put the same password but it says wrong password, I’m not getting the option to reset my password either, the log in screen only says ‘name’ and ‘enter password’ . what do I do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Unsuccessful Mac Logins:

A. Use these Links:

B. Reset the Password Using the Login Screen.

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.  Does that fix this?

C. Use An External Keyboard:

Reset these using an external keyboard, if your builtin one does not work, If have only USB-C ports, this would be that adapter to use: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

D. Learn from This:

Important: Keep a handwritten, hardcopy list of your passwords. Store it in a secret location that only you are knowledgeable of, and only you have access to. And, on top of that, don't share you passwords with anyone whomsoever.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 8:22 PM in response to ramadas292

ramadas292 Said:

"Can’t log into mac book: i tried to log in to my Mac book, I typed the correct password as I used the same password last week to log in and it worked, this week however I put the same password but it says wrong password, I’m not getting the option to reset my password either, the log in screen only says ‘name’ and ‘enter password’ . what do I do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Unsuccessful Mac Logins:

A. Use these Links:

B. Reset the Password Using the Login Screen.

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.  Does that fix this?

C. Use An External Keyboard:

Reset these using an external keyboard, if your builtin one does not work, If have only USB-C ports, this would be that adapter to use: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

D. Learn from This:

Important: Keep a handwritten, hardcopy list of your passwords. Store it in a secret location that only you are knowledgeable of, and only you have access to. And, on top of that, don't share you passwords with anyone whomsoever.

Can’t log into mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.