how to gray Mail

The bright Mail page bothers my eyes but I can't change it to gray because 'Message' in 'View' itself is all gray and is fixed on showing a 'light' page. Where can I change this?

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 5:34 AM

Hello! If you're talking about the actual contents of an email, this is up to the sender. There's no way to officially change the colour of email you're receiving.

However, if your Mac is running macOS Mojave or later, you can enable Dark mode: Use Dark Mode on your Mac - Apple Support. This will make backgrounds a darker colour where possible!

Follow the steps in this article to find out which version of macOS your Mac is running: Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

I hope this answers your question!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 5:34 AM in response to jhudgina

Hello! If you're talking about the actual contents of an email, this is up to the sender. There's no way to officially change the colour of email you're receiving.

However, if your Mac is running macOS Mojave or later, you can enable Dark mode: Use Dark Mode on your Mac - Apple Support. This will make backgrounds a darker colour where possible!

Follow the steps in this article to find out which version of macOS your Mac is running: Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

I hope this answers your question!

how to gray Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.