Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

apple music error message

While listening to Apple Music I get an error message “your request timed out” does anyone know what that means?

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:44 AM

The error message “your request timed out” typically indicates a problem with your network connection. Your device was unable to establish a connection or receive a response from Apple’s servers within a certain timeframe. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check Your Internet Connection: Make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi or cellular data connection. If you’re on a mobile device, try toggling Airplane Mode on and off again, or reset your device’s network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings).

2. Restart Your Device: A simple reboot can sometimes solve many issues.

3. Update Your Software: Ensure that your device’s operating system and the Apple Music app are updated to the latest version.

4. Sign Out and Back In: Try signing out of your Apple ID (Settings > [Your Name] > Sign Out) and signing back in again.

5. Check Apple’s System Status: Visit Apple’s System Status web page (Apple - Support - System Status) to check if there are any known issues with Apple Music at the moment.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 6:44 AM in response to Cxzsa22

The error message “your request timed out” typically indicates a problem with your network connection. Your device was unable to establish a connection or receive a response from Apple’s servers within a certain timeframe. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check Your Internet Connection: Make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi or cellular data connection. If you’re on a mobile device, try toggling Airplane Mode on and off again, or reset your device’s network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings).

2. Restart Your Device: A simple reboot can sometimes solve many issues.

3. Update Your Software: Ensure that your device’s operating system and the Apple Music app are updated to the latest version.

4. Sign Out and Back In: Try signing out of your Apple ID (Settings > [Your Name] > Sign Out) and signing back in again.

5. Check Apple’s System Status: Visit Apple’s System Status web page (Apple - Support - System Status) to check if there are any known issues with Apple Music at the moment.

Aug 27, 2023 5:44 AM in response to nexusnode

I have to be honest the suggestions above are no use of you are driving your car at the time and using Siri. When this breaks down it distracts from driving enough. I have the 14pro and since I’ve had it most music has a timeout error message whilst using mobile data. This is deeply frustrating and needs to be sorted by apple immediately. Tinkering around and resetting things is not helpful and the problem persists.

apple music error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.