Is there a way to not upload pictures and videos from iMessages to iCloud?

I have the basic iCloud plan and iMessage takes all my space because it uploads the pictures and videos but I don't need them uploaded on iCloud, is there a way to only upload the text messages?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 2:40 PM

Hi there 乃尺凵刀口,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you'd like to delete attachments from Messages in iCloud. Is that right?

Messages cannot be set to sync text only. If you'd like to leave Apple feedback about this behavior, you can do so here: Product Feedback

However, you can manage the storage through Messages or contacts in your Contacts app. Apple has a great support document that explains this under the section, "Delete texts and attachments in Messages" Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 2:40 PM in response to 乃尺凵刀口

Hi there 乃尺凵刀口,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you'd like to delete attachments from Messages in iCloud. Is that right?

Messages cannot be set to sync text only. If you'd like to leave Apple feedback about this behavior, you can do so here: Product Feedback

However, you can manage the storage through Messages or contacts in your Contacts app. Apple has a great support document that explains this under the section, "Delete texts and attachments in Messages" Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care.

Is there a way to not upload pictures and videos from iMessages to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.