Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When searching MacMail, emails that met the search criteria identified in a column which mailbox they were in. For some reason the Ventura version of Mac Mail seems to have dropped that feature. Anyone know how to get it back?

When searching MacMail, emails that met the search criteria identified in a column which mailbox they were in.  For some reason the Ventura version of Mac Mail seems to have dropped that feature.  Anyone know how to get it back?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 11:33 AM

7 replies

Feb 18, 2024 3:36 PM in response to Barney-15E

Hi Barney. Thank you for your diligent reply and sorry for being unclear (English is not my native language). An example will probably help:

If I enter "Barney" in the search box of MacMail, a drop-down menu offers a link to (1) emails from Sender which contain Barney, (2) emails which subjects contain Barney, and (3) emails which attachments contain Barney (see screen shot attached).

What the drawdown menu does no longer do (it did until Ventura, I think) is to offer a link to all Mailboxes which name contains Barney.

It is quite upsetting when you have to access one of more than 500 mailboxes (as I do for each of my clients)...

When searching MacMail, emails that met the search criteria identified in a column which mailbox they were in. For some reason the Ventura version of Mac Mail seems to have dropped that feature. Anyone know how to get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.