Mac Mail Search

At some point I lost the ability to use Search in Mac Mail on my iMac. I can still use on my laptop and phone. I have tried all the recommendations to fix this but I assume I have inadvertently change a setting somewhere.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 10:02 AM

If you're searching properly, the next step would be to try rebuilding your mailbox: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. Note this takes a while, depending on the number of emails you have. Please allow it to finish redownloading all emails (assuming yours is an IMAP

If rebuilding the mailbox(es) doesn't produce results, the next step would be to reindex Spotlight on your Mac: Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 10:02 AM in response to Kellie Mac

If you're searching properly, the next step would be to try rebuilding your mailbox: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. Note this takes a while, depending on the number of emails you have. Please allow it to finish redownloading all emails (assuming yours is an IMAP

If rebuilding the mailbox(es) doesn't produce results, the next step would be to reindex Spotlight on your Mac: Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps.

Mac Mail Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.