7 flagged e-mails show up in the Flagged Side Bar, but there are no 7 flagged e-mails

How do I get rid. of the "7" when there are none?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 12:54 PM

I've been getting occasional erroneous album notifications of messages that are not in there also. What has fixed it for me most of the time is selecting all mailboxes and using the Mailbox ➙ Rebuild menu option. Leave it on that for a while - at least a half an hour. To get out of the rebuild mode I just do a search for anything.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 12:54 PM in response to ejay1

I've been getting occasional erroneous album notifications of messages that are not in there also. What has fixed it for me most of the time is selecting all mailboxes and using the Mailbox ➙ Rebuild menu option. Leave it on that for a while - at least a half an hour. To get out of the rebuild mode I just do a search for anything.

Jun 1, 2023 2:26 PM in response to Old Toad

Hello,

I tried rebuilding my mailboxes, but that did not work. I kept experimenting with various mailbox items in the menu and tried a couple of things, but nothing really got rid of the "7". I then tried "erase deleted items" in all accounts and b I n g o. The number disappeared right away. I think my husband's old account was still somewhere in cyber space and since I deleted "in all accounts" that solved the problem. Thank you for your suggestion. ejay1

7 flagged e-mails show up in the Flagged Side Bar, but there are no 7 flagged e-mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.