How do you reset an apple series 3 watch all i get is the too many attempts promot

How do i reset my apple 3 watch cant get past the error message

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 8:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2023 6:39 AM in response to bg1442003

If you're getting the "Too many attempts" prompt when trying to reset your Apple Watch Series 3, it means that you've entered the wrong passcode too many times. To reset your watch, you'll need to erase all of its content and settings. Here's how to do that:

1. Put your Apple Watch on the charger and make sure it's at least 50% charged.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power off slider.
  3. Drag the power off slider to the right to turn off your Apple Watch.
  4. Once your Apple Watch is turned off, press and hold the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time.
  5. Keep holding both buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear.
  6. Once you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.
  7. Your Apple Watch will now be in recovery mode.
  8. On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
  9. Tap General > Reset.
  10. Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
  11. Tap Erase Watch.
  12. Your Apple Watch will now erase all of its content and settings. This process may take a few minutes.
  13. Once your Apple Watch is finished erasing, it will restart.
  14. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Apple Watch again.

Once your Apple Watch is set up, you'll be able to sign in with your Apple ID and restore your data from a backup.

If you're still having trouble resetting your Apple Watch, you can contact Apple Support for help.

I hope this helps!

How do you reset an apple series 3 watch all i get is the too many attempts promot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.