Apple watch activity awards

Is there a way to delete SOME of the awards in my activity tracker? I bought a new watch from Costco a few weeks ago and some badges have already been earned from as far back as 6 or 7 months ago! Is it normal for some badges to already have been completed on a new watch? I assume it really is new as I mostly have faith in Costco...

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 10:21 AM

Is this your first Apple Watch? Is it possible that when you setup the watch you restored a backup from the old watch that had those awards? One of the other possibilities that those are move-related awards that could have been "earned" without an Apple Watch. "With Fitness on iPhone, view your active calories and steps, set a move goal, track your progress, and see your movement trends over time—even if you don’t yet have an Apple Watch."

See:

Intro to Fitness on iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 10:21 AM in response to Hihi-McFly

Is this your first Apple Watch? Is it possible that when you setup the watch you restored a backup from the old watch that had those awards? One of the other possibilities that those are move-related awards that could have been "earned" without an Apple Watch. "With Fitness on iPhone, view your active calories and steps, set a move goal, track your progress, and see your movement trends over time—even if you don’t yet have an Apple Watch."

See:

Intro to Fitness on iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 2, 2023 10:27 AM in response to javaliga

That is interesting-it is my first Apple Watch so definitely not syncing with an old one. However, I didn’t realize the phone tracked that kind of stuff,too, and when I look back a couple of months I realized I biked 40 miles on one of those days that I earned the badge, so that is probably what it is-just badges earned through my phone, not my watch. Thank you!

Apple watch activity awards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.