How do unlock my caller id option

I want to hide my caller id but the option is locked how do I unlock the option and hide my id???

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:36 AM

There are several possibilities:

• In some countries it is not possible to hide caller ID.
  • If you have a business email account on your phone the company IT department can block disabling Caller ID
  • Some carriers don’t recognize the vertical service code that the Caller ID switch sends to the carrier. To change this setting you need to contact the carrier’s tech support. Some carriers also let you change the setting by logging in to their user portal.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 8:36 AM in response to atharva69

There are several possibilities:

• In some countries it is not possible to hide caller ID.
  • If you have a business email account on your phone the company IT department can block disabling Caller ID
  • Some carriers don’t recognize the vertical service code that the Caller ID switch sends to the carrier. To change this setting you need to contact the carrier’s tech support. Some carriers also let you change the setting by logging in to their user portal.

Jun 2, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Elysios

Elysios wrote:

Try this:

Go to Settings>Airplane Mode and turn Airplane Mode "ON".
Now go to Settings>Phone>Show My Caller ID, still greyed out? If not, turn it on.
Go back to Settings>Airplane Mode and turn Airplane Mode "OFF".

Sorry, won’t work. Turning on or off caller ID sends a service code to the carrier, as the carrier controls caller ID, not the phone. So the switch won’t do anything in Airplane mode, as the carrier can’t get the service code.

How do unlock my caller id option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.