Charging

I charge my iphone 8 with 20 watt charger but i have listen from someone that we should use 5 watt charger because it charge the iphone slowly but it’s battery lasts longer as compare to 20 watt charger?what is your opinion?

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 11:11 AM

Charging the battery slowly does not increase the life of the battery. If that were true, then users would be recommending 1 watt chargers or less

The phone automatically determines its own charge rate, even if the charger is 65 watts or more. If you use a 5 watt charger, the phone will charge more slowly than the Apple recommended 20 watt charger.

Make sure that you have Optimized Battery Charging enabled on your phone and you don't have to worry about things. Plug the charger into the phone and leave it connected all night, every night.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 11:11 AM in response to Abdullah_jadoon

Charging the battery slowly does not increase the life of the battery. If that were true, then users would be recommending 1 watt chargers or less

The phone automatically determines its own charge rate, even if the charger is 65 watts or more. If you use a 5 watt charger, the phone will charge more slowly than the Apple recommended 20 watt charger.

Make sure that you have Optimized Battery Charging enabled on your phone and you don't have to worry about things. Plug the charger into the phone and leave it connected all night, every night.

Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.