Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Can I install 2 eSim on an iPhone 11?

Taking my US iPhone 11 to Europe, I already have 1 eSim from my carrier MintMobile, can I install a 2nd eSim for a European data plan?

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 3:51 PM

You can install a second eSIM on your iPhone 11, however, you can only have 1 Physical SIM and 1 eSIM active at the same time. On an iPhone 11, you cannot have 2 eSIMs active at the same time.

I recommend that you continue to use the eSIM (Mint Mobile) from US and once you get to Europe, then get a physical SIM card for the EU data plan. This setup will work well.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 3:51 PM in response to t7labarre

You can install a second eSIM on your iPhone 11, however, you can only have 1 Physical SIM and 1 eSIM active at the same time. On an iPhone 11, you cannot have 2 eSIMs active at the same time.

I recommend that you continue to use the eSIM (Mint Mobile) from US and once you get to Europe, then get a physical SIM card for the EU data plan. This setup will work well.

Axel F.

Apr 29, 2024 7:18 AM in response to t7labarre

You can install multiple ones, but only one is active at the time (or at least I can't get multiple sims to work in parallel).

what works flawlessly for me is having a physical and a sim in parallel (i.e. being able to receive calls / data on both in parallel. but for thew sims, when I toggle on one, the other one gets deactivated automatically (iPhone 11 Pro)

Can I install 2 eSim on an iPhone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.