Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch missing sleep data at random nights

Hi,

Some nights I get no data about sleep from my Apple Watch SE (2022). Battery is charged those nights. I’ve tried to restart both watch and phone but it didn’t work. I’ve checked weekly view for patterns and interestingly this happens on Fridays or Saturdays. Sometimes both those days but sometimes one of those.

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 10:13 AM

The only reason I paid so much for the Apple Watch & iPhone 13 was to monitor my sleep.

The "engineers" (geeks) who coded the Sleep app must have been asleep at the wheel, or stoned, because it's never worked consistently. Drives me crazy. Makes me want to throw them both out the window.

Because the Sleep app is so over-engineered (talky, bla bla) I'm afraid to go swimming with the watch, because I hate wasting my time calling or emailing Support, having spent so much money and wasted so much time., knowing for certain it will not work as promised.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 10:13 AM in response to ieva22

The only reason I paid so much for the Apple Watch & iPhone 13 was to monitor my sleep.

The "engineers" (geeks) who coded the Sleep app must have been asleep at the wheel, or stoned, because it's never worked consistently. Drives me crazy. Makes me want to throw them both out the window.

Because the Sleep app is so over-engineered (talky, bla bla) I'm afraid to go swimming with the watch, because I hate wasting my time calling or emailing Support, having spent so much money and wasted so much time., knowing for certain it will not work as promised.

Jun 11, 2023 12:26 AM in response to Brittany1416

Hi, thanks for response. This answer and link is not helpful, because that is exactly how I check my sleep data and see that random nights data is missing.

Can it be connected with my sleep schedule that I’ve created in health app? It’s off for couple of days in a week. But if so, it’s a weird feature. Watch should track when I actually sleep regardless my wished schedule.

Jun 5, 2023 8:43 AM in response to ieva22

Hello ieva22,

Please check out this link, which has some information on how to track your sleep on Apple Watch, and how to review your sleep history, which may be helpful: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

View your sleep history

Based on your iPhone usage at night, Sleep on iPhone tracks and charts your Time In Bed. To receive sleep data from Apple Watch, sleep tracking must be enabled for at least 4 hours each night. 

To view your sleep history, open the Health app on your iPhone, tap Browse at bottom of the screen, then tap Sleep. If you have Sleep saved as a favorite, you can access it from the Summary page in the Health app.

The bar graph by default is set to D for daily. Tap W at the top of the chart to view your sleep history for the past week, M for the past month, or 6M for the past 6 months. Tap Show More Sleep Data and select a category to review additional sleep details.

* Stages: View the time and percentage you spent Awake or in REM, Core, or Deep sleep.
* Amounts: View your Sleep Duration details such as Average Time in Bed and Average Time Asleep.
* Comparisons: View your Heart Rate and Respiratory Rate in relation to your time spent asleep. If you have Apple Watch Series 8 or Apple Watch Ultra, you can also compare changes in your nightly wrist temperature data.

For assistance, please contact Apple Support for help. You may be able to reach them here: Get Support

Thanks!

Apple Watch missing sleep data at random nights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.