Files app access to photos app

I can see photos in “on my ipad” under “files” app but these photos are not visible in “photos” app. How do I give permission to photos app to access photos from my files?

OR in simple

How can I view photos in photos app which are on my ipad.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 4:23 AM

The Photos App can only access photos and videos that have been imported to your iPad’s Photo Library.

Using the Files App, locate the photos that you wish to copy to the Photo Library, then…:

• For a single photo - touch-and-hold (i.e., long-touch) the corresponding photo icon; an action menu will open. From the menu select Share; the share-sheet will open. From the share-sheet options, tap Save Image.

• For multiple photos - tap the Select button at the top of the Files App Window. Select each of the photos that you intend to copy to your Photo Library; a blue tick will appear adjacent to each photo that you have selected (you can also use the Select All button). When you have selected the photos that you wish to copy to the Photo Library, tap the Share button at bottom left of the Files App Window; the share-sheet will open. From the share-sheet options, tap Save Images.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 4:23 AM in response to morasrikanth

The Photos App can only access photos and videos that have been imported to your iPad’s Photo Library.

Using the Files App, locate the photos that you wish to copy to the Photo Library, then…:

• For a single photo - touch-and-hold (i.e., long-touch) the corresponding photo icon; an action menu will open. From the menu select Share; the share-sheet will open. From the share-sheet options, tap Save Image.

• For multiple photos - tap the Select button at the top of the Files App Window. Select each of the photos that you intend to copy to your Photo Library; a blue tick will appear adjacent to each photo that you have selected (you can also use the Select All button). When you have selected the photos that you wish to copy to the Photo Library, tap the Share button at bottom left of the Files App Window; the share-sheet will open. From the share-sheet options, tap Save Images.

Files app access to photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.