Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Photos and icloud sync

Hi,

I have an old iMac (late 2013, with Catalina OSX) where I uploaded some old pictures to Photos before I was syncing with iCloud.

In the result I have now all of the devices (iphone, Ipad ect) syncing all the current photos to iCloud but only iMac shows a few years of old photos that were not synced before.

The 'iCloud synced photos' show on the iMac but older pictures do not show on any other devices.

Now I need to get rid of the iMac and I'm not sure how to add those 'old' photos to iCloud sync.

Should the old photos add to the sync or I need to manually transfer them to one of the 'current' devices?

Cheers

Mac

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:13 AM

As with all uploads, the size of the block of data determines how soon they "show up". Give it time, uploads and the general iCloud Drive experience are not instantaneous.

2 replies

Photos and icloud sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.