Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I pu my phone in dfu mode?

How do I put my phone dfu mode

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 8:13 AM

Hey guys, I have some ideas here on how to get into DFU mode on iPhone 15/14.

DFU mode or Device Firmware Update is a state where the iOS device is able to connect directly to the iTunes app. In this state, iOS will not be loaded, not even the bootloader. So to put iPhone 15/14 into DFU, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer using an adapted cable.

Then you need to follow the process below:

Step 1: Launch the iTunes app on your computer.

Step 2: If this is the first time your iPhone is connected to the computer, then you need to perform the Trust This Computer operation on your iPhone.

Step 3: Quickly tap the Volume Up button and then quickly tap the Volume Down button.

Step 4: Then, press and hold the side power button for 10 seconds until the iPhone display goes black.

Step 5: While continuing to hold the Side Power button, press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds, then release the Side Power button and continue to press and hold the Volume Down button for 10 seconds.

[Edited by Moderator]

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2024 8:13 AM in response to domingo184

Hey guys, I have some ideas here on how to get into DFU mode on iPhone 15/14.

DFU mode or Device Firmware Update is a state where the iOS device is able to connect directly to the iTunes app. In this state, iOS will not be loaded, not even the bootloader. So to put iPhone 15/14 into DFU, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer using an adapted cable.

Then you need to follow the process below:

Step 1: Launch the iTunes app on your computer.

Step 2: If this is the first time your iPhone is connected to the computer, then you need to perform the Trust This Computer operation on your iPhone.

Step 3: Quickly tap the Volume Up button and then quickly tap the Volume Down button.

Step 4: Then, press and hold the side power button for 10 seconds until the iPhone display goes black.

Step 5: While continuing to hold the Side Power button, press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds, then release the Side Power button and continue to press and hold the Volume Down button for 10 seconds.

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 29, 2023 7:39 AM in response to domingo184

How to enter DFU mode on iPhone 15

In some rare cases, you may need to place your iPhone 15 into Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode to reinstall iOS. Like recovery mode, you’ll need to connect your iPhone 15 to a computer using a USB-C to USB-C cable. If this is the first time connecting your iPhone toyour Mac, you’ll need to go through the trust process explained in the recovery mode section above to establish a pairing with your Mac.

To enter DFU mode, do the following steps in quick succession:

Step 1: Quick-press Volume up and release.

Step 2: Quick-press Volume down and release.

Step 3: Long-press the Side button for 10 seconds.

Step 4: While long-pressing the Side button, long-press the Volume down button for 5 seconds.

Step 5: Release the Side button while continuing to long-press the Volume down button for an additional 10 seconds.

Unlike recovery mode, no connect-to-computer dialogue is displayed when entering DFU mode. After entering DFU mode, your iPhone 15 display will remain black. If the Apple logo appears, the process was not performed correctly.

font 9to5

How do I pu my phone in dfu mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.