Command Centre App still not working

The App seems to be not working. I have restarted both devices. The iPhone 14 plays video content from Apple Music on the Apple TV just fine but the Apple TV will not select in the Command Centre remote App.

Any advice?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 9:45 AM

the Apple TV will not select in the Command Centre remote App.

The Apple TV box doesn’t get to select. Instead, the software remote in Control Center on iPhone will offer to work for a selected Apple TV box. I.e. the other way around.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Both devices have to connect to the same home network, else they won’t be able to communicate with each other. E.g. iPhone on cellular-only will not work. E.g. If your Apple TV box isn’t connected to a home network yet, then the software remote will not work yet. Use a physical remote to help set that up first, if needed.

If the Apple TV box is a legacy model, then there may be further caveats.

If the Control Center widget detects multiple Apple TV boxes, then it it may default to an unintended different box.

What is the model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 9:45 AM in response to kiwiappleman

the Apple TV will not select in the Command Centre remote App.

The Apple TV box doesn’t get to select. Instead, the software remote in Control Center on iPhone will offer to work for a selected Apple TV box. I.e. the other way around.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Both devices have to connect to the same home network, else they won’t be able to communicate with each other. E.g. iPhone on cellular-only will not work. E.g. If your Apple TV box isn’t connected to a home network yet, then the software remote will not work yet. Use a physical remote to help set that up first, if needed.

If the Apple TV box is a legacy model, then there may be further caveats.

If the Control Center widget detects multiple Apple TV boxes, then it it may default to an unintended different box.

What is the model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

Jun 4, 2023 2:20 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for responding.

The Apple TV is A1625 32GB running tvOS 16.5 (20L563).

Here's the funny thing. The phone was able to cast a music video to the Apple TV, even though the two devices are on different routers. The TV on the ISP base station router and the phone on a connected mesh router.

And yes as advised when I switched the phone the the same router the remote App works just fine.

Thanks

Paul

Command Centre App still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.