My Mac stopped working so I bought a Macbook to replace it. Unfortunately most of the music I had on iTunes has not trasnferred to Apple Music. does anyone know how I canrecover it?

My Mac stopped working so I bought a MacBook to replace it. Unfortunately most of the music I had on iTunes has not transferred to Apple Music. Does anyone know how I can get it back?

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 3:16 PM

Are you talking about music that you purchased electronically from the iTunes Store? Or about music that you extracted from your own CDs, or purchased from another store (such as the Amazon MP3 Store)?

If it is the latter, you need to move that music from your old Mac, to your new Mac, yourself.

That means something like:

1. Using Migration Assistant to migrate files from your old Mac (not an option here, since the old one is broken),
  2. Using Migration Assistant to migrate files from a backup of your old Mac's startup drive,
  3. Manually restoring music from backups

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 3:16 PM in response to 6983gjd

Are you talking about music that you purchased electronically from the iTunes Store? Or about music that you extracted from your own CDs, or purchased from another store (such as the Amazon MP3 Store)?

If it is the latter, you need to move that music from your old Mac, to your new Mac, yourself.

That means something like:

1. Using Migration Assistant to migrate files from your old Mac (not an option here, since the old one is broken),
  2. Using Migration Assistant to migrate files from a backup of your old Mac's startup drive,
  3. Manually restoring music from backups

My Mac stopped working so I bought a Macbook to replace it. Unfortunately most of the music I had on iTunes has not trasnferred to Apple Music. does anyone know how I canrecover it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.