hey everyone, I use the vpn with my Mac/air working remotely at home, but when I travel I have a problem connecting the vpn, am I alone on this

hey everyone, I use the vpn with my Mac/air working remotely at home, but when I travel I have a problem connecting the vpn, am I alone on this

MacBook Air 13″, 13.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 1:41 PM

Based on your wording, I am going to assume the VPN allows you into your company’s network.

Try disabling IPv6:

Ventura: System Settings -> Network -> Wi-Fi -> Details -> TCP/IP (tab) -> Configure IPv6 -> Link-Local Only

Not all IPv6 implementations are created equal. The local access point router being the weakest link in the networking chain.

The company I work for sometimes has user VPN issues with IPv6 connections. Disabling IPv6 has helped those users.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 1:41 PM in response to craigfromwashington

Based on your wording, I am going to assume the VPN allows you into your company’s network.

Try disabling IPv6:

Ventura: System Settings -> Network -> Wi-Fi -> Details -> TCP/IP (tab) -> Configure IPv6 -> Link-Local Only

Not all IPv6 implementations are created equal. The local access point router being the weakest link in the networking chain.

The company I work for sometimes has user VPN issues with IPv6 connections. Disabling IPv6 has helped those users.

Jun 4, 2023 7:54 AM in response to craigfromwashington

craigfromwashington wrote:

Maybe this is not an issue...

A true VPN tunnel, for example between you and your job, or a Bank server would be of value, otherwise might be time to re-think the usage.

see: Public VPN's are anything but private

https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.