My AppleTV Siri Remote does not power on my Panasonic TV. I must use the Pan. Remote and press its red button after the Apple TV is on. The Siri Remote does power off both Pan. TV and Apple TV and does control volume on the Pan TV.

My AppleTV Siri Remote does not power on my Panasonic TV. I must use the Pan. Remote and press its red button after the Apple TV is on. The Siri Remote does power off both Pan. TV and Apple TV and does control volume on the Pan TV.

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 9:35 AM

Do you have HDMI-CEC turned on on all HDMI devices?​​

- For Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On​ ​

- For your TV: See its manual.​​

Do inquire with the TV manufacturer if your model TV supports being woken from standby through other devices. Not all TVs have this listening functionality built-in, to wake from sleep through connected devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 9:35 AM in response to ebuyguy

Do you have HDMI-CEC turned on on all HDMI devices?​​

- For Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On​ ​

- For your TV: See its manual.​​

Do inquire with the TV manufacturer if your model TV supports being woken from standby through other devices. Not all TVs have this listening functionality built-in, to wake from sleep through connected devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.