Printing problems with MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina

I’m having problems with printers and my iMac. At beginning i can install and print, but after a while i can’t use the printer although i can access it’s console through the browser. I tried to reinstall it but to no avail.

I already had this problem with canon, kyocera and riso machines. All in different windows network environment.

Is it a known problem? is there a solution for it?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 11:27 PM

6 replies

Jun 7, 2023 12:02 AM in response to rkaufmann87

(Sorry! new to Discussion Forums)

i’m connecting via ethernet. everything else (internet/email and the printers web browser console) works.

the same thing happened where i worked before:

i could access and correctly use the various printers available, and all of a sudden they stopped working but only for me. everyone else could use the printers.

Could it be due to the fact that in both cases i have the only mac in a windows environment?

Jun 7, 2023 6:51 AM in response to manuel costa

Thanks for letting us know you are connecting via Ethernet. Please, first Reset the printing system as you have been instructed. Then please add a network printer per the instructions in the article link below:

https://itss.d.umn.edu/services/printing/mac-printing

It is important you know the IP address of the printer first, if you do not then look in the printer's manual on how to print out the device's IP address. This is the address you will be making a connection to.

Printing problems with MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.